For Teams Go is a highly flexible platform in terms of adding applications as well as on settings (e.g. disabling features). Below explanations are based on the default settings in combination with the Microsoft Teams client. It might be that your configured version looks slightly different (other applications visible and/or certain features disabled). If that is the case, please talk to your IT admin and/or dealer/installer so they can explain the differences.
Start a regular planned meeting:
Scheduled meeting (scheduled via Outlook or Microsoft Teams):
- Just click on your name and the meeting starts!
Start a planned Teams meeting:
- Just click on your name to start the meeting (Teams logo on the time line confirms it is a Teams meeting).
- Click on the Teams icon on the left side and the native Teams client will pop up.
- Press [Join now] to start the Teams video call (just like you do on your personal device with the Microsoft Teams client).
Tip: If you want to use any functionality like whiteboard during a Teams video call, the video window will be automatically minimized and placed bottom right. If you want to have full screen video again (on top of everything), just press the Teams icon on the left again.
If you want to share also whatever you do on the touch screen (whiteboarding, wireless sharing, browser or opening files from Teams) and make that visible to all the participants, select the [Share Content] button in the top bar of the Microsoft Teams Client and via Window, select [Kickle].
Tip: When participants with mobile devices are invited to the meeting as well, they can join when they have the Microsoft Teams application for their mobile device installed. Then they can also share, via Teams from their iOS, iPadOS or Android device towards the big screen and make it visible to whomever in the Teams video meeting.
Microsoft Teams App for Mobile Devices:
Start a spontaneous meeting:
- Just click the [Use now without booking] and the meeting starts
Note: if you want to start also a spontaneous Teams Video call, press the Teams icon and you can start a Teams meeting like you can do as when it is planned. Via the button [Show participants], you can add the people you want to dial during this spontaneous Teams meeting. Since version 4.0.4, it is also possible to add another For Teams Go screen to the spontaneous meeting.
Tip: For more information on how the Microsoft Teams application works (both Windows Client as well as mobile versions), please check the Microsoft Teams support website.
When you just started your meeting:
When you start any meeting, you will automatically start on the whiteboard:
On the left side, you will have the feature icons.
1. Select whiteboard
2. Select wireless screen sharing
3, Select web browser
4. Select documents (to share the annotations)
5. Select Microsoft Teams (opens the Teams call)
Where at the bottom of the screen, you have the different options during making annotations.
Functionality of the whiteboard:
6. Pen selection, here you can choose between the normal pen or marker
7. Color selection, to select the color of your liking
8. Wipe selection, to wipe out written/drawn information on the whiteboard
9. Lasso tool to select a certain area on the whiteboard
10. Object move/pinch/zoom selection
11. Whiteboard page radar + whiteboard overview/selection
12. Laser pointer, to point out certain areas for a hybrid meeting (e.g. people sitting remote)
13. Add a digital sticky note to the screen
14. Undo the latest changes
15. Redo the latest changes
16. Exit meeting
Tip: The toolbox as shown on the whiteboard, will also appear at the bottom when using Wireless Screen Sharing, the browser or documents opened from your personal Teams. That means that you can annotate on top of all these functionalities and even make snippets. To create a snippet, just tap the camera icon and make a selection on the screen. By releasing the screen, the snippet is made and automatically copied to the active whiteboard page.
Wireless Screen Sharing
For Teams Go comes with a build in wireless screen sharing possibility called Voila. This makes it possible to share your (laptop) screen in an easy way, even for guests. It can be done in two ways:
- Via the web browser (no touch back possibility, uses internet to share)
- Via the Voila application (touch back possibility, uses local network connection to share)
Operation Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or macOS
in combination with
Browsers: Microsoft Edge (Chromium based), Google Chrome or Firefox
Via web browser:
To connect is really easy. The Tutorial on the screen will help you through as well:
- Make sure your device has internet/network connection
- Go to URL http://voila.kickle.app
- On your personal device the following page will be shown:
- Fill in the code as shown on the screen and press [GO]
- Select what you want to share [Entire Screen], [Window] or a tab from your opened browser, in below example [Microsoft Edge tab] and tick [Share audio] if you want to share with audio as well.
- Press the [Share] button and your selection will show up on the big screen.
Note: the blue [Share] button remains greyed our until you make a selection on what you want to share.
Tip: In case you have downloaded and installed the Voila application and open the URL http://voila.kickle.app to connect via Voila, it will automatically detect that you have the Voila application installed as well. The following pop-up will show where you can tick [Always allow ....] and select [Open]. Thereafter the Voila application will be automatically opened, also when going via the URL.
Wireless Screen Sharing via the Voila application:
One time installation:
- Go to http://voila.kickle.app and select the download button. In case you are already using a previous version of Voila, please uninstall it first.
- Run the downloaded application:
- Login with your personal O365 account (one time login).
Note: Signing is needed for some cool new features we are busy with. We cannot say too much about it yet but you can imagine that cloud related features will require authentication. With this, that part is already covered.
- Confirm that you want to stay signed in:
- You're done and ready to share.
- Open the installed Voila application (during installation a shortcut is created on your desktop)
- Key in the code as visible on the screen and press [GO]
- To Stop sharing, simply press the [STOP] button within the Voila application
The build in web browser is Chromium based and, for security reasons, does not store login details, cookies, browser history and/or support plugins. To open a certain page, just tap the page preview of that particular page. In case there is not a short cut created, just tap the address bar where the onscreen keyboard pops up. Type the URL of your website into the address bar and confirm when ready.
Within the documents area, you can share your annotations via email, USB or even save them to your personal Teams environment. It is also possible to open O365 files as stored in your personal Teams environment.
Import from Teams:
- Select [IMPORT FROM TEAMS]
- Scan the shown QR Code (refresh every ~90 seconds) with your mobile device (some mobile devices might need a special QR code scanner application. Please check the specifications of your mobile device):
|Tip: If you do not have a possibility to scan the QR code, you can still make use of this feature by visiting the URL as shown below the QR code: https://login.kickle.app/device. After confirming and/or logging into your O365 account, you will be asked for the 6-digit code as shown below the QR-code (in below example ALU185). The code is to confirm that you are in front of the screen and/or are part of the Teams meeting where this is shared.|
- On your mobile device, you are redirected to the O365 login page. Login there with your personal O365 credentials.
Note: For security reasons, the QR code will automatically refresh every ~90 seconds (yellow ring around it is the countdown timer). If you didn't make it in time to login for the first time, you might need to rescan the new QR code.
Tip: Store your O365 credentials on your smartphone (and stay logged in). Next time you scan the QR code, you only have to confirm your O365 account to login.
- Both smartphone and screen will show successful authenticated and your personal Teams channels will show up on the screen:
- When selecting documents from your Teams channel(s), they are appearing within the [YOUR DOCUMENTS] area. From there you can open them and they will be opened in O365 online.
- By tapping on your picture (assuming you have set a picture with O365), you are able to logout (so someone else can login within the same session). By logging out, you lose the possibility to (re)open documents from your personal Teams so they are automatically removed from [YOUR DOCUMENTS]
Save to Teams:
- Make sure you are already authenticated via the QR code then select [SAVE TO TEAMS].
- Tick/untick the documents that you want/do not want to save
- Select the channel within your Teams where you want to save it
- Confirm via the icon appearing behind the selected channel
Send by mail:
- Tick/untick the documents that you want/do not want to send
- Fill in the recipients (if it is a pre-booked meeting, all people initially invited are already in the recipients list. Still you can add/remove people)
- Press [SEND BY MAIL] and the email will be send
Save to USB:
- Connect a USB key to the screen
- Tick/untick the documents that you want/do not want to save
- Give the file a name
- Press [SAVE TO USB]
- When your meeting session is done and all documents are saved/shared or do not need to be shared/stored, just press the [EXIT MEETING] button
- The 'Do you really want to leave' message will pop up where you still have the chance to stay (e.g. in case you forget to save/share or pressed it by accident). If you still want to stay, you will have ~10 seconds to cancel the Exit Meeting by pressing [STAY]. If you press [LEAVE], you will immediately leave the meeting but if you do not take any action in this screen, you will automatically leave after ~10 seconds. After leaving is confirmed, the application will start clearing your data. This clearing includes: whiteboard information, Voila disconnected, Personal Teams via QR disconnected, browser history, documents and Teams call will be ended.
Important: Information/data as stored by the external application(s) like Microsoft Teams are not under CTOUCH control and therefore not touched/cleared/altered.