We released a major update on For Teams Go (v4.x.x.) with a lot of new features and possibilities. It is a free update for all current users. To check if you can update to this version, please check you current version (should be version 3.x.x). If you are on version 3.x.x, follow below steps to get it updated to version 4.x.x.
Important: From this version onwards (version 4.x.x), you need to have a dedicated O365 (room/resource) account for For Teams Go and Microsoft Teams client 1.4.00.xxxx or newer.
Also Voila (Wireless Screen Sharing) got an overhaul (e.g. faster touch back + Firefox support) which results in a new Voila application. New Voila version can be downloaded via https://voila.kickle.app (URL is also visible on the connection page within the application). Voila applications from v3 and v4 are not cross compatible.
1. Execute the consent (even if it was already executed before): Office 365 Consent For Teams Go & check if all ports and protocols are open and allowed: Network preparation: Ports, protocols and security concerns.
Note: to withdraw the (old) consent, check this article: How to deactivate Office 365 consent?
2. Make sure you have access to the O365 credentials of room you want to upgrade.
3. Connect a keyboard to the Windows OPS running For Teams Go and close all applications.
4. On the Desktop, click 'Get Started' (the latest CTOUCH installer will be downloaded):
Note: In case Windows asks confirmation to allow changes (UAC), please confirm.
5. Key in your license key as delivered with the product (in case you lost the card, please contact our support via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your details so we can help out).
6. Your license key will be recognized as already activated. Confirm with [Yes] to update the current installation.
Note: In case above question doesn't pop-up (and shows that the license is already activated), please uninstall CTOUCH Configurator via Apps & Features within Windows. When uninstalled, please go back to step 4.
Next page will show:
7. Select [Download] and the latest version of the application will be downloaded and started.
Note: please do not start with (pre-)configuration first as that will overwrite your current configuration needed for the upgrade.
8. Login with the O365 Credentials from the room.
9. Tick [Don't show this again] and select [Yes]:
10. Your current configuration and license will be recognized and filled in. To confirm, press [Add License].
11. O365 Room account and license are associated (and account cannot be changed anymore when confirmed). Press [Confirm account] to finalize the installation and start the configuration page.
12. A Windows PowerShell window will pop up. This will disable the old version of the application so please confirm with [Yes]
13. Application will now automatically start and open de settings page. Here you can change anything to your liking. Check at the [Apps shortcuts] if the shortcut to Microsoft Teams is still there.
Standard Microsoft Teams application location: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Teams\current
14. When closing the settings, the application will automatically reboot to apply the latest setting changes.
15. You are done!