How to schedule a Teams Meeting in Outlook?
1. Install the Teams Desktop Client
Before creating a Teams calendar meeting in Outlook, For Teams Go/Kickle users need to install the Microsoft Teams desktop application on a computer. If you are using a mobile device, you can download it from the app store.
The easiest way to get the Teams desktop client on a computer is to open from Teams Online and sign in with your Microsoft Office 365 account.
Download and Install the .exe file.
Follow the instructions, this will install an add-in to the Outlook that provides new options when you create a meeting.
After the installation is completed, it will automatically appear on your desktop.
Next, the application will ask you to sign in with your Microsoft Office 365 account.
If you do not see the Teams Meeting add-in, close and restart Teams, then restart Outlook to make sure the add-in is installed.
2. Schedule a For Teams Go/Kickle Teams Meeting in Outlook
After everything is installed, let's continue to create a Teams meeting in Outlook.
When you arrange a meeting and For Teams Go/Kickle app is the meeting room. It is important to invite the For Teams Go/Kickle room account to the meeting. Otherwise, the calendar will not appear on the For Teams Go/Kickle application screen.
To schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook, follow the steps below :
Step 1: From the Outlook application, navigate to the calendar view.
Step 2: On the calendar view, the option is available in the Home > New Items menu or in the calendar view top bar.
Step 3: Select the New Teams Meeting and fill in the information.
When you click the New Teams Meeting, the meeting request will change to include a location of "Microsoft Teams Meeting" and will generate a link that attendees can click on to join the meeting.
- MENTION YOUR MEETING SUBJECT IN THE TITLE FIELD.
- ADD THE PEOPLE AND THE FOR TEAMS TALK/KICKLE ROOM ACCOUNT IN THE TO FIELD.
- ARRANGE YOUR SCHEDULE TO THE START TIME AND END TIME.
- YOU CAN WRITE INFORMATION IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE "JOIN THE MICROSOFT TEAM MEETING" LINK OTHERWISE THE PARTICIPANTS YOU HAVE INVITED CANNOT JOIN THE MEETING SESSION.
Step 4: Then click Send.
Once the calendar invite is sent, it will arrive on the For Teams Go/Kickle application screen. If you have a busy schedule, you can scroll in the calendar for up to 7 days.