What is needed before you can start the installation?
1. Microsoft O365 Room account with password (On-premise configurations are NOT supported)
2. Consent executed by the Tenant IT administrator
3. All ports, protocols and URL's as described here, should be allowed on the network
4. Internet connection so the latest software packages can be downloaded and installed
The For Teams Go is part of the BRIX modular platform. Part of the For Teams Go and as such delivered in different packages:
- CTOUCH BRIX compatible touch screen (55", 65", 75" or 86”)
- OPS PC module based on Windows 10 Enterprise
- CTOUCH Screen Cast Module
- CTOUCH For Teams Go License Key Card
There are a few steps to take before you can start the software installation/configuration:
- Unpack the screen and mount it
- Unpack the OPS and insert it into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the OPS slide in area first)
- Unpack the Screen Cast Module and insert into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the slide in area first)
Note: the Screen Cast Module is only used in combination with Barco ClickShare CSE-200 as alternative for wireless screen sharing via Voila. If Barco ClickShare is not part of the installation, you are free to leave this module out.
- Connect the LAN cable to the bottom LAN connector of the screen to supply internet to the screen
- Connect the power to the screen and power it on
- Follow the screen wizard and select country, language etc
- If not already on the right source, make sure to switch to the source where the OPS is visible (below picture will be visible):
8. Start the “Get Started” application via the shortcut on the desktop.
9. Enter the license key as stated on the License key card and press “Submit”.
10. A new screen will open with a unique 5 digit code (below code is just an example).
11. Take your laptop and use the url https://install.ctouch.eu and fill in the code (or you can do it via you smartphone by scanning the QR code) and select [NEXT]
12. Your laptop or smartphone will go to the next page:
13. And the CTOUCH touchscreen will show below screen:
13. Go through the registration steps on your personal device (laptop or smartphone):
14. When your personal device shows above picture, your touchscreen will show this screen:
15. At that moment the application can be downloaded:
16. Select [Download]
Note: the latest version of the application will be downloaded and will start installing automatically.
17. Login with the O365 Credentials from the room.
18. Tick [Don't show this again] and select [Yes]:
19. O365 Room account and license are associated (and account cannot be changed anymore when confirmed). Press [Confirm account] to finalize the installation and start the configuration page.
In case the "Licence key" is not filled in please enter the license key as stated on the License key card again. Once done press the "Add licence" button to proceed.
20. Start your configuration:
Windows display settings:
For the best user experience, follow below table for the Windows display settings. For the screen models, the aa reflects the screen size and can be, depending of the model, 55, 65, 75 or 86 inch:
|Screen name||Leddura 2Meet||Leddura 2Meet||Leddura MX||Riva||Canvas|
|Windows hardware device||NUC||OPS||OPS (7th Gen or newer)||OPS (8th Gen or newer)||OPS (8th Gen or newer)|
|Recommended Windows Display Scale||125%||250%||250%||250%||250%|
|Maximum supported resolution||1920x1080||3860x2140||3860x2140||3860x2140||3860x2140|
|Maximum supported refresh rate||30Hz||30Hz||30Hz||60Hz||60Hz|
Note: Windows hardware devices as mentioned in above table are either build in the CTOUCH screen (NUC) or CTOUCH OPS devices running Windows 10.
Microsoft Teams Client
Within CTOUCH For Teams Go, we make use of the Microsoft Teams Client which also needs to be installed. Please download the latest version of Microsoft Teams client from the Teams website and install it.
Note: If you have the For Teams Go application still running, it will force itself to the foreground. To be able to install the Teams client, close the For Teams Go application via keyboard shortcut ALT+F4.
Please fill in the room account details (the same room/resource account as used during the configuration of the For Teams Go application) and sign in.
Open the settings panel.
In the "general" tab, the following settings are mandatory for the best user experience and performance:
- Auto-start application disabled (the For Teams Go/Kickle application will take care of starting the Teams client)
- On close keep the application running
- Disable GPU hardware acceleration
- Register Teams as the chat app for Office
- Open Chat in Main window
- Turn off animations
Simplify the Microsoft Teams Client ribbon
By default, Microsoft Teams Client has some features of which it is best to disable them.
Default Microsoft Teams Client Ribbon:
First, authenticate to the Microsoft Teams admin center: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
Select Teams apps > Setup policies.
Enter a name and description for the policy (SimplifiedRibbon for example), and then click Add apps.
In the Add pinned apps pane, remove all the apps except Calendar.
Within Meeting Policies, make sure to disable [Chat]
Click manage users.
Add the Exchange Room Accounts you will use for your For Teams Go Rooms.
Changes are not applied immediately. You'll need to wait 2 or 3 hours, the time the replication between Microsoft servers is done.
That’s it. Reboot and you are ready to go!
Example home screen with upcoming meetings:
Start a Microsoft Teams Call:
Configuration and maintenance of the underlying OS (Windows 10 Enterprise) should be discussed and configured in close cooperation with the IT responsible person at the end-user where CTOUCH is not part in that configuration.
This can be done in several ways like integration in Active Directory, InTune, leave it up to Windows (make sure you configure an appropriate Windows updates time frame). By default we disabled the administrator account, created a CTOUCH account with disabled UAC and also disabled the swipe gestures within Windows (to prevent end-users leaving the application).
Regarding security, when enabling the gestures again, you can even open up Windows on the OPS and allow other applications to be installed and started. Please be aware that the CTOUCH application does not control any other application in terms of wiping data after a meeting or at any other security level. So please adapt the Windows/network settings to the level of security matching the requirements of the end-user.