What is needed before you can start the installation?
1. Microsoft O365 Room account with password (On-premise configurations are NOT supported)
2. Consent executed by the Tenant IT administrator
3. All ports, protocols and URL's as described here, should be allowed on the network
4. Internet connection so the latest software packages can be downloaded and installed
The For Teams Go is part of the BRIX modular platform. Part of the For Teams Go and as such delivered in different packages:
- CTOUCH BRIX compatible touch screen (55", 65", 75" or 86”)
- OPS PC module based on Windows 10 Enterprise
- CTOUCH Screen Cast Module
- CTOUCH For Teams Go License Key Card
There are a few steps to take before you can start the software installation/configuration:
- Unpack the screen and mount it
- Unpack the OPS and insert it into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the OPS slide in area first)
- Unpack the Screen Cast Module and insert into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the slide in area first)
Note: the Screen Cast Module is only used in combination with Barco ClickShare CSE-200 as alternative for wireless screen sharing via Voila. If Barco ClickShare is not part of the installation, you are free to leave this module out.
- Connect the LAN cable to the bottom LAN connector of the screen to supply internet to the screen
- Connect the power to the screen and power it on
- Follow the screen wizard and select country, language etc
- If not already on the right source, make sure to switch to the source where the OPS is visible (below picture will be visible):
8. Start the “Get Started” application via the shortcut on the desktop.
9. Enter the license key as stated on the License key card and press “Submit”.
10. A new screen will open with a unique 5 digit code (below code is just an example).
11. Take your laptop and use the url https://install.ctouch.eu and fill in the code (or you can do it via you smartphone by scanning the QR code) and select [NEXT]
12. Your laptop or smartphone will go to the next page:
13. And the CTOUCH touchscreen will show below screen:
13. Go through the registration steps on your personal device (laptop or smartphone):
14. When your personal device shows above picture, your touchscreen will show this screen:
15. At that moment the latest version of the applications are downloaded and installed. The screen will restart automatically.
For Teams Go Application
Before you can start the configuration, please close the For Teams Go application (since it is not configured yet, it might be just a white screen what you see). Easiest is to close the application by connecting a keyboard and press [ALT F4].
Open the configuration by clicking on the shortcut on the desktop. Below configuration menu will open. Fill in all the details and press [Confirm] when ready. Please do not reboot yet as Microsoft Teams Client needs to be configured as well.
In case you replace the default wireless screen sharing Voila with a Clickshare, you should enable Clickshare here and connect your Clickshare homestation via HDMI to the HDMI in from the Screencast module.
Important: The first generation Leddura 2Meet (non-OPS version) does not have a Screencast module slot. For that reason, Voila cannot be replaced by ClickShare in that particular series.
- Corporate WiFi SSID:
Fill in the SSID name from the corporate network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- Guest WiFi SSID:
Fill in the SSID name from the guest network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- Guest WiFi password:
Fill in the password from the guest network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- Exchange mail:
Fill in the created O365 room account (email@example.com) for the room where the device is installed. Since the CTOUCH For Teams Go software is not natively developed by Microsoft, a onetime consent is needed to be able to retrieve the Exchange information for this account and to be able to share the annotations via the email account via this room account. Consent should be executed by the IT administrator via this link:
Note: In case you do not have an O365 account, you can make use of the standard Microsoft Azure environment as back up account. If you do not fill in any account details, the software will automatically use the standard Azure account (firstname.lastname@example.org). With this account it is not possible to have room booking!
- Exchange password:
Password belonging to the Microsoft Exchange Room account. Password will be encrypted stored within Windows
This is the domain name from the O365 account as used (e.g. mydomain.com)
In case you do not want to use the Roombooking feature (be able to see on the home screen if the room is booked), you can disable the roombooking feature.
Microsoft Teams Client
Within CTOUCH For Teams Go, we make use of the Microsoft Teams Client which is also installed during the installation process. For the best user experience, follow below settings.
Please fill in the room account details (as also used during the configuration of the For Teams Go application) and sign in.
Open the settings panel.
In the "general" tab, uncheck "Turn on new meeting experience".
Simplify the Microsoft Teams Client ribbon
By default, Microsoft Teams Client has some features of which it is best to disable them.
Default Microsoft Teams Client Ribbon:
First, authenticate to the Microsoft Teams admin center: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
Select Teams apps > Setup policies.
Enter a name and description for the policy (SimplifiedRibbon for example), and then click Add apps.
In the Add pinned apps pane, remove all the apps except Calendar.
Within Meeting Policies, make sure to disable [Chat]
Click manage users.
Add the Exchange Room Accounts you will use for your For Teams Go Rooms.
Changes are not applied immediately. You'll need to wait 2 or 3 hours, the time the replication between Microsoft servers is done.
That’s it. Reboot and you are ready to go!
Example home screen with upcoming meetings:
Configuration and maintenance of the underlying OS (Windows 10 Enterprise) should be discussed and configured in close cooperation with the IT responsible person at the end-user where CTOUCH is not part in that configuration.
This can be done in several ways like integration in Active Directory, InTune, leave it up to Windows (make sure you configure an appropriate Windows updates time frame). By default we disabled the administrator account, created a CTOUCH account with disabled UAC and also disabled the swipe gestures within Windows (to prevent end-users leaving the application).
Regarding security, when enabling the gestures again, you can even open up Windows on the OPS and allow other applications to be installed and started. Please be aware that the CTOUCH application does not control any other application in terms of wiping data after a meeting or at any other security level. So please adapt the Windows/network settings to the level of security matching the requirements of the end-user.