What is needed before you can start the installation?
1. Microsoft O365 Room account with password (On-premise configurations are NOT supported)
2. Consent executed by the Tenant IT administrator
3. All ports, protocols and URL's as described here, should be allowed on the network
4. Internet connection so the latest software packages can be downloaded and installed
The Pro is part of the BRIX modular platform. Part of the Pro and as such delivered in different packages:
- Leddura/Riva Touch screen (65, 75 or 86”)
- OPS PC module based on Windows 10 Enterprise
- CTOUCH Screen Cast Module
- CTOUCH Pro License Key Card
There are a few steps to take before you can start the software installation/configuration:
- Unpack the screen and mount it
- Unpack the OPS and insert it into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the OPS slide in area first)
- Unpack the Screen Cast Module and insert into the screen (remove the metal cover covering the slide in area first)
Note: the Screen Cast Module is only used in combination with Barco ClickShare CSE-200 as alternative for wireless screen sharing via Voila. If Barco ClickShare is not part of the installation, you are free to leave this module out.
- Connect the LAN cable to the bottom LAN connector of the screen to supply internet to the screen
- Connect the power to the screen and power it on
- Follow the screen wizard and select country, language etc
- If not already on the right source, make sure to switch to the source where the OPS is visible (below picture will be visible):
- Start the “Get Started” application via the shortcut on the desktop.
- The installer will download the latest version of the CTOUCH installer and automatically start the installer.
10. Enter the license key as stated on the License key card and press “Let’s start”.
11. Enter the registration information and your choice of communication and enter your Pro configuration options.
- Registration information is mandatory! This needs to be done once for every Pro installation.
- Configuration information is ONLY used during installation (and thus stored locally) and will not be shared/stored with/by CTOUCH!
- Exchange mail:
Fill in the created O365 room account (email@example.com) for the room where the device is installed. Since this the CTOUCH Pro software is not natively developed by Microsoft, a onetime consent is needed to be able to retrieve the Exchange information for this account and to be able to share the annotations via the email account via this room account. Consent should be executed by the IT administrator via this link:
Note: In case you do not have an O365 account, you can make use of the standard Microsoft Azure environment as back up account. If you do not fill in any account details, the software will automatically use the standard Azure account (firstname.lastname@example.org). With this account it is not possible to have room booking!
- Exchange password:
Password belonging to the Microsoft Exchange Room account. Password will be encrypted stored within Windows
This is the domain name from the O365 account as used (e.g. mydomain.com)
- Corporate WiFi SSID:
Fill in the SSID name from the corporate network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- Guest WiFi SSID:
Fill in the SSID name from the guest network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- Guest WiFi password:
Fill in the password from the guest network. This information is only used to show during the connection tutorial of Voila (as help for the end-user). It has no effect on network connections or whatsoever.
- After pressing ‘Go!’, the display will download the latest software for the best user experience and will reboot after installation and configuration is ready (please be patient as it will take a few minutes and do not abort!).
- That’s it. You are up to date and ready to go!
Example home screen with upcoming meetings:
Configuration and maintenance of the underlying OS (Windows 10 Enterprise) should be discussed and configured in close cooperation with the IT responsible person at the end-user where CTOUCH is not part in that configuration.
This can be done in several ways like integration in Active Directory, InTune, leave it up to Windows (make sure you configure an appropriate Windows updates time frame). By default we disabled the administrator account, created a CTOUCH account with disabled UAC and also disabled the swipe gestures within Windows (to prevent end-users leaving the application).
Regarding security, when enabling the gestures again, you can even open up Windows on the OPS and allow other applications to be installed and started. Please be aware that the CTOUCH application does not control any other application in terms of wiping data after a meeting or at any other security level. So please adapt the Windows/network settings to the level of security matching the requirements of the end-user.