Configuration of the router
By default, the built-in router is configured in gateway mode if you want to continue using this mode you don't need to do any other configuration.
To access the router configuration page, you will need the following: a laptop with ethernet port (RJ-45) and a ethernet cable. Once you have all the items mentioned earlier follow the steps from below
- Switch ON the CTOUCH device and wait until it boots up completely.
- Connect the ethernet cable on the ethernet port of the laptop and into the LAN OUT of the CTOUCH display (LAN OUT is located on the back left side of display) .Do not connect any other cables at this moment.
- In the default configuration, your laptop will receive an IP address from the router. If this doesn't happen edit your network adapter configuration and set the following static IP address: 192.168.123.100 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (Gateway is not necessary at this point)
- Open a web browser on your laptop and input the following address: 192.168.123.254. The page from below will be displayed. (Do not use Chrome).
- Enter the username and password. The default credentials are username admin and the password filed is empty (no password). Press login to enter the administrative page.
Note: it is highly recommended to set a password for the admin account as extra security measure. In case you forgot the password for admin account please contact CTOUCH for support how to reset the router.
Now you have access to all settings and option of the router.
We have created few configurations which can be loaded based on your requirements and can be used for a fast setup of the router. The configurations available are bridge mode with and without wireless networks or gateway mode full activated. The amount of settings available in the router is far much larger and the configurations available are designed to help in the initial setup.
WARNING: Bridged Mode with WiFi access points enabled have no password on the access points. Please make sure to enable the appropriate network security before using this mode!
To load one the configurations, go to Advanced mode --> Management --> Save/reload settings.
Now you choose load settings from file, and browse to the required (matching your required mode) xxx.dat file in your Download folder.
When the file is selected, press the upload button and the router will upload the configuration. After rebooting, you’re ready to use new uploaded configuration.